About a month back SolidWorks released eDrawings for iPad and for a V1 release it was a nice viewer. I wrote up my thoughts after my initial install and although it was very lacking on the collaboration/markup/measure features, it had some fundamental issues even as a viewer.
Today version 1.1.0 was pushed out on the App Store which has addressed many of the major bugs and added a few nice feaures to bring it closer to par with the desktop viewing experience.
Here are the additions:
What's New in Version 1.1.0
We’re back ! A great update with many new features and enhancements that you have asked for :
- Transparent parts
- Standard orthogonal views
- Shaded with edges mode
- Perspective mode
- Hide, show & make components transparent
- Select components from graphics area
- Hyperlinked views in drawings
- Sort files by name, extension, date and size
- Leave file open during background execution for fast app switching
- Fixed shaded drawing views during panning and zooming
- Fixed incorrect legends in SolidWorks Simulation files
- Various bug fixes
Here are a few screenshots of the updated features:
The update added filters for the file library, interaction in the UI for hide/show/transparency and nice standard view shortcuts. It now respects password protection and supports fast app switching so the application doesn't relaunch when you return to the app.
Overall this is a quality update and makes eDrawings for iPad a good viewer. I have attached an updated compatibility map for the features I have tested. ~Lou