2011 What's New - Drawings, Xpress Tools and eDrawings:
This podcast is an audio version of the What's New PDF included with every major release of SolidWorks. Topics covered:
- Injection Molding
Drawings & Detailing
- Alignment & arrangement options
- Cut list & hole table enhancements
- GB & ANSI standards updates
- Display options for cosmetic threads, bodies, centermarks (assembly drawings)
- Orthogonal view scale
- Model colors & 3D drawings views
- Integrated task pane interface
- Display enhancements
- File Sync with SolidWorks!
- Triad manipulation & filtered search
- Native 64 bit support!
This covers chapters 9-12 of the What's New PDF which outlines changes/enhancements to the SolidWorks product line since the previous release. If you have not done so, please download this PDF and walk through the areas that are most important to you.
The goal of this series is to provide a portable, audio version of the 2011 What's New so users can have a quick way to evaluate the features that have been changed/added/removed in SolidWorks' product line. We all fall victim to the "ruts" of using SolidWorks and knowing what's to come brings awareness early.
I will be releasing an additional show a week as well as the usual monthly Tech News shows (up to 3 a week) in order to cover the entire What's New PDF in September before FCS (First Customer Ship). Between the podcast, blog and other posts around the web, there will be no shortage of SolidWorks 2011 content to come! ~Lou