2011 What's New - Mold, Motion, Parts/Features & Routing:
This podcast is an audio version of the What's New PDF included with every major release of SolidWorks. Topics covered:
- Manual mode for parting surfaces
- Function Builder for force/motor functions
- UI changes
- Reflected load inertia/mass
- Reference components for linear couplers
- Motion along a path
Parts & Features:
- Defeature, Global Equations, Equation-based suppression
- Updates to helix, revolve end conditions, design-table drivin scale
- Surface extrudes from 2D or 3D faces
- Surface cap ends option
- Interactive recognition of boss/cut sweeps, cut revolves
- Automatic & interactive recognition of nonplanar bosses and cuts
- Automatic recognition of drafts and combination of like features
This covers chapters 17-20 of the What's New PDF which outlines changes/enhancements to the SolidWorks product line since the previous release. If you have not done so, please download this PDF and walk through the areas that are most important to you.
The goal of this series is to provide a portable, audio version of the 2011 What's New so users can have a quick way to evaluate the features that have been changed/added/removed in SolidWorks' product line. We all fall victim to the "ruts" of using SolidWorks and knowing what's to come brings awareness early.
I will be releasing an additional show a week as well as the usual monthly Tech News shows (up to 3 a week) in order to cover the entire What's New PDF in September before FCS (First Customer Ship). Between the podcast, blog and other posts around the web, there will be no shortage of SolidWorks 2011 content to come!
UPDATE: SolidWorks 2011 Pre-Release 1 is available for download from the Customer Portal. ~Lou