2011 What's New - Sheet Metal, Simulation, Sketching & Sustainability:
This podcast is an audio version of the What's New PDF included with every major release of SolidWorks. Topics covered:
- Bend calculation tables
- Convert to sheet metal enhancements
- Flat patterns
- K-factor in Configurations
- DXF/DWG export bend directions (in layers)
- Mirror edge/miter flanges
- Pattern edge flange/tab features
- Sheet metal properties
- New studies
- UI enhancements
- Updates to shells, beams, connectors, contact, mesh and results
- Improved accuracy for nonlinear fixtures
- Grid systems
- New regions added for "Manufacturing" and "Transportation and Use"
- Link custom materials to Sustainability studies
This covers chapters 21-24 of the What's New PDF which outlines changes/enhancements to the SolidWorks product line since the previous release. If you have not done so, please download this PDF and walk through the areas that are most important to you.
The goal of this series is to provide a portable, audio version of the 2011 What's New so users can have a quick way to evaluate the features that have been changed/added/removed in SolidWorks' product line. We all fall victim to the "ruts" of using SolidWorks and knowing what's to come brings awareness early.
I will be releasing an additional show a week as well as the usual monthly Tech News shows (up to 3 a week) in order to cover the entire What's New PDF in September before FCS (First Customer Ship). Between the podcast, blog and other posts around the web, there will be no shortage of SolidWorks 2011 content to come! ~Lou