SW2012 What's New - Document Management:
This podcast dissects the What's New PDF, outlining all the new features in SolidWorks 2012 along with other tips, tricks and tidbits in the new software. Topics covered in this show:
Chapter 11: SolidWorks Enterprise PDM
- Administration Tool:
- Menu customization and administration
- Full user name options
- Replication enhancements
- File Explorer & SW Add-in:
- "Browse to" changes
- BOM export enhancements
- Search extended into more dialogs (Open, Save-As)
- Version toggle for "Where Used"
- New and modified toolbars
- Product support changes (CAD, Microsoft products, 64 bit supported area)
- Performance updates (Templates and CopyTree)
- Web client for Editor licenses
Chapter 24: SolidWorks Workgroup PDM
- Metadata rebuilding
- The return of the vault browser in Windows Explorer (Vista/Win7)
- Pack and Go updates (progress bar and Cancel button access)
Document Management, covering chapters 11 and 24 of the What's New PDF, outlines changes/enhancements to the SolidWorks product line since the previous release. If you have not done so, please download this PDF and walk through the areas that are most important to you.
The goal of this series is to provide a portable, audio version of the 2012 What's New, providing a quick way to evaluate new features that have been changed/added/removed in the SolidWorks product line. We all fall victim to the "ruts" of using SolidWorks from release to release and knowing what's to come brings awareness early.
I will be releasing an additional show a week as well as the usual monthly Tech News shows (up to 3 a week) in order to cover the entire What's New PDF before FCS (First Customer Ship). Between the podcast, blog and other posts around the web, there will be no shortage of SolidWorks 2012 content to come!