SW2012 What's New - Evaluation Tools:
This podcast dissects the What's New PDF, outlining all the new features in SolidWorks 2012 along with other tips, tricks and tidbits in the new software. Topics covered in this show:
Chapter 7: SolidWorks Costing
- Overview of SolidWorks Costing
- How it works and what's entailed
- Sheet Metal & Machining Features
- Editing Templates
- Graphs, charts and reports
Chapter 21: Sustainability
- Customization options
- Granular deatils on reuse, MFG/Assy details and assembly processing
- Travel distances, part & assembly parameters, bult to last information (good for possible replacement parts) and EOL (End of Life) disposal methods
- Environmental Impact UI updates
- Adding materials (update and requesting additional materials)
Evaluation Tools, covering chapters 7 and 21 of the What's New PDF, outlines changes/enhancements to the SolidWorks product line since the previous release. If you have not done so, please download this PDF and walk through the areas that are most important to you.
The goal of this series is to provide a portable, audio version of the 2012 What's New, providing a quick way to evaluate new features that have been changed/added/removed in the SolidWorks product line. We all fall victim to the "ruts" of using SolidWorks from release to release and knowing what's to come brings awareness early.
I will be releasing an additional show a week as well as the usual monthly Tech News shows (up to 3 a week) in order to cover the entire What's New PDF before FCS (First Customer Ship). Between the podcast, blog and other posts around the web, there will be no shortage of SolidWorks 2012 content to come!