December Tech News:
This podcast covers the SolidWorks and CAD-related tech news that broke since mid-November covering the SolidWorks Blog, various tech alerts and other industry news. Topics covered:
- Need a gift? SolidWorks Holiday Gift Guide
- Team Dassault, 10 years of pedaling for cancer research
- SWWC Japan, Bertrand Sicot reporting
- Chin's iOS apps of choice and why
- Top 10 list for SWW12 is open for suggestions
- USS Midway sails into the annual CSWP event
- Let's Go Design team is ready to put this project to bed .... soon
- Intrigue bring a lucky SW user all the way to San Diego from Japan!
- Benchmark your rig and share your score
- Download examples for the SW Part Reviewer (new in 2012)
- SolidWorks EPDM 2012 SP1 is available for download
- Top 10 list is open for business
- Updates to support, forums and resource center
Well this is the last tech news cast for 2011 and it was a bit of a slow month for tech news but a few good nuggets. This is that time of year where everyone is ready for the year to end and the buzz of the new release has worn off and SolidWorks World is about 2 months out. Next month the news will be ramping up for the big show.
Currently the deal for SolidWorks is $100 off a single registration or the 3 for 2 deal till January 20, 2012. If you have not yet started planning your attack to convince your boss to go, get on it! This is, hands down, the best way to energize your year and boost your knowledge. This is not a trade show, it is a training session marathon with a ton of perks. Visit the SolidWorks World site for help in this convincing process.
The SolidWorks Monthly FAQ for December has not yet been posted so I will cover that next week to relay any good tidbits. I have a couple of roundtable shows in the works to finish out the year so stay tuned! ~Lou