May Tech News:
This podcast covers the SolidWorks and CAD-related tech news that broke since mid-April covering the SolidWorks Blog, various tech alerts and other industry news. Topics covered:
- A Follow-up on Baker DriveTrain
- Using Simulation for verification of Mariana Trench pressure
- Hot-rod baby buggy - Let Go Design!
- Bertrand Passes Segment 1 of CSWP!
- Win an iPad 2 for signing up for a Customer Portal account
Support Montly FAQ:
- SolidWorks 2011 EV due out the week of May 23rd
- Beta program for SolidWorks 2012 coming!
- Sluggish after 32 -> 64bit upgrade?
- New KB articles in thumbnail preview issues, EPDM replication issues, SWIM individual upgrade problems?
- Draftsight Premium Pack launched
- Autodesk announces 123D tool FREE
- SolidEdge ST4 tech (mention).
What a busy month for tech news! Not only was the SolidWorks Blog busy, as usual, the rest of the industry was busy with announcements as well. As a tech enthusiast in general as well as CAD technology, I love when months like this come around.
The coming months are also going to be littered with announcements and other technologies that will infuence what we are to see in the fall. SolidWorks Beta 2012 will be starting up soon and announcements around that should be coming out from SolidWorks and the summer months roll in.
As far as technology goes, Google I/O is a conference that I spend a lot of time paying attention to. Not only for the new APIs and cool new cloud based services they talk about, but also to see how the community around Google utilizes their tools to create and innovate. Hopefully by the next Tech News cast we will be talking about getting ready for BETA!! ~Lou