November Tech News:
This podcast covers the SolidWorks and CAD-related tech news that broke since mid-October covering the SolidWorks Blog, various tech alerts and other industry tech news. Topics covered:
- More What's New videos on SolidWorks 2013
- SolidWorks 2012 SP5 is available for download
- Enterprise PDM 2012 SP5 is available for download
- SolidWorks 2013 SP1 Early Visibility is available for download
Monthly Support FAQ:
- Top questions and issues
- New Knowledge Base Articles
- The growth of online CAD collaboration tools
- Google launching new 10" tablet and new ARM based Chromebook
SolidWorks 2013 is on the verge of getting its first service pack and the flurry of what's new videos is starting to make a downturn. SolidWorks 2013 as well as EPDM both seem to be well received and focused on improving workflow of how users use CAD and PDM.
This has been an interesting month as SolidWorks updates eDrawings for the iPad to be a universal app for any iOS device. This begins the movement of getting access to 3D from the device you have, well at least if you are on iOS. I think this will show an uptick in usage and I hope get DS to see the importance of bringing this technology to Android as well.
Google also had a busy month and now has a 10" Nexus tablet to compete with the iPad, getting more tablets out there in the marketplace. They also shipped a new set of Chromebooks, one of which I upgraded to that runs entirely on ARM and was priced $100 cheaper at $249 USD. Great time to enjoy tech! ~Lou