WN2013 - Fundamentals & Admin:
This podcast dissects the What's New PDF, outlining all the new functionality in SolidWorks 2013 with tips, tricks and insights in the new major release. Topics covered in this show:
Chapter 3: Fundamentals:
- Controlling the Save Reminder
- Manipulating Views
- Measure Tool
- Opening Files (quick filter buttons)
- Previous Release Interoperability
- Searching SolidWorks Options
- Selecting a SolidWorks Version When Opening a File
- SolidWorks Sounds (you can imaging the creativity...)
- SolidWorks Startup
- Transferring Custom Properties when Inserting Configured Parts
Chapter 4: Administration
- Converting Files to SolidWorks 2013
- Interoperability Between SW2012 SP5 & SW2013
- Save and Restore User Settings
- SolidWorks CAD Admin Dashboard
Fundamentals and Administration, covering chapters 3 and 4 of the What's New PDF, outline changes/enhancements to the SolidWorks product line since the previous release. If you have not done so, please download this PDF and walk through the areas that are most important to you.
The goal of this series is to provide a portable, audio version of the 2013 What's New, providing a quick way to evaluate new features that have been changed/added/removed in the SolidWorks product line. We all fall victim to the "ruts" of using SolidWorks from release to release and knowing what's to come brings awareness early.
I will be releasing an additional show a week as well as the usual monthly Tech News shows (up to 3 a week) in order to cover the entire What's New PDF before FCS (First Customer Ship). Between the podcast, blog and other posts around the web, there will be no shortage of SolidWorks 2013 content to come!