November Tech News:
This podcast covers the SolidWorks and CAD-related tech news that broke since mid-October covering the SolidWorks Blog, various tech alerts and other industry tech news. Topics covered:
- Solutions to your top 7 fluid flow challenges
- Take the Pain out of Complex Patterns
- SolidWorks Composer: Animations in a Snap!
- Using Library Features to Speed up Design
- Initializing Contact with Simulation
- Flip and Rotate Flat Pattern Drawing View
- Electrical Component Library
- Creating Sweeps using Guide Curves
- In Mold Residual Stress & Displacement (SW2014)
- The Importance of Design Intent for SolidWorks Files
- Using Virtual Components with Imported Assemblies
- New interactive SolidWorks workstation selection guide
- Ocean Renewable Power Company...generate power underwater?
- Dudley the duck is getting a 3D printed foot
- @SolidWorksCare on Twitter launches with a stream of daily tips
- SolidWorks World 2014 Top Ten List: Now Open For Idea Submission
- My.SolidWorks November Update
- It was all sort of an accident, really....
- SolidWorks World Top Ten List open for submissions
- Entitlement ID Issue (Impacting some 2014 customers)
- SolidWorks 2014 SP1 Early Visibility is available for download.
SolidWorks Support Monthly News:
- Service Pack News
- Noteworthy Solutions from the SWKB
- Google Ships the Nexus 5 for $350 Unlocked (16GB)
- NASA video captures "Canyon of Fire" on the sun
- Arizona getting Apple MFG plant run by solar
- Autodesk Provides 3D Design in a browser
- SolidWorks and nVidia launch the GRID
- Android 4.4 KitKat comes to Nexus 7, Nexus 10 and MotoX
- Southwest and other airlines now allow gate to gate WiFi and device use.
Over the past month it has been incredibly busy for SolidWorks resellers as they hold events all over the world to rollout SolidWorks 2014 and show off all the goodies to customers. "2014 RoadShow" this year was 7 cities for DDi so travel for the past month has been busy.
SolidWorks 2014 seems to be a huge refocus on SolidWork core, bringing enhancements and refinements to the core CAD platform. Obviously the entire product line was refreshed but customers seems to be stoked about the core updates.
It also appears that many manufactures like Google, Microsoft and Apple now have their updated products in the channel in time for the Holiday season shopping spree. Google's Nexus 5 has shipped, Surface 2 is out and it is iPad-palooza over at Apple. Happy Techsgiving! ~Lou