June Tech News:
This podcast covers the SolidWorks and CAD-related tech news that broke since mid-May covering the SolidWorks Blog, various tech alerts and other industry tech news. Topics covered:
- Vibration tips for Simulation
- SW Sim Tips: Parameters and Design Studies
- SW Intersect Tool: Using Intersection Surfaces to make Solid Bodies
- Could Top-down Assembly Modeling Save You Time?
- Composer Tip: Improving Tech Pubs by Integrating Color
- Using Bend Notes for Sheet Metal Design in SW 2013
- Indexing EPDM Vault for Content Search
- My Perfect Electric Bicycle is a Motorcycle!
- New SW Certification Logos and Certificates
- Can spatial aptitude tests help predict your success as an engineer?
- Knowing When to Contact Your Reseller for Support
- Introducing the New SW Composer YouTube Channel!
- SolidWorks 2013 SP4 Early Visibility is available for download
- Featured content from June
- One Minute Tech Tip Videos
Support Monthly FAQ:
- SW 2014 Beta coming...
- Spotlight on features
- Noteworthy Solutions from the SWKB
- Matt Lombard's Dezign Stuff blog closes shop...
- Autodesk Buys TinkerCAD (Expanding 123D...)
- Intel Launches Next-Gen Haswell Chipsets
- Apple Announces New iOS and OSX platforms at WWDC
- Google Redesigns GMail and launches Project Loon
- GrabCAD Workbench comes out of Beta!
- TeamPlatform launches a refresh with new UI and enhancements
- Sunglass partners with CADENAS (1M+ Models)
It's officially Summer and that means product launches and beta season is around the corner. It has been an exciting year in technology thus far but SolidWorks has been pretty closed lipped about beta up to this point. I am curious to know what other products we might be able to test out, especially cloud-based apps like SW Mechanical Conceptual.
As we discussed last week, the sightings of the SolidWorks 2014 Beta page is in the works but not all there yet. In this month's Support FAQ there was mention that beta would start in the second half of June... WHICH IS NOW. I expect that the flood gates will open on Monday and it will be time to get to testing.
June was also the month of Apple's WWDC (Developers Conference) where previews of new hardware and software are going to enter the fold in the coming months. After seeing both Apple and Google talk to their developers, there is going to be some exciting stuff entering the market in the second half of this year. ~Lou