September Tech News:
This podcast covers the SolidWorks and CAD-related tech news that broke since mid-August covering the SolidWorks Blog, various tech alerts and other industry tech news. Topics covered:
- Don't Panic, it's most likely NOT "not responding"
- Two tools you might now know about (and might find useful) in SolidWorks
- SolidWorks Modeling Methodology: Part 3
- Working with Multibodies in SolidWorks
- SolidWorks Drawing Tip: Convert View to Sketch
- The Unknown "Golden Tools" in SolidWorks Simulation
- SolidWorks Geometry Pattern: A Simple Option To Make Patterns Regenerate Faster
- Getting ready for SolidWorks 2014
- SolidWorks Composer: Automating the Creation of Control Assembly Instructions
- SolidWorks launches eDrawings for Android!
- Georgia Tech freshman & Iron Man Suit?
- Colorado teenager Easton LaChappelle 3D prints the next generation of prosthetic limbs
- Cardiovascular Systems Inc. and SolidWorks Composer
- See what's new in SolidWorks 2014!
- A lot of posts for the "Sneak Peak" series on 2014
- SolidWorks 2014 Pre-Release 1 available for download
- SolidWorks EPDM 2014 Pre-Release 1 available for download
- 2013 DS SolidWorks Customer Satisfaction Survey
- SolidWorks World 2014 Call for Presentations
SolidWorks Monthly Support FAQ:
- Beta 2014 Updates
- Service Pack News
- Noteworthy Solutions from the SW KB
- SolidWorks 2014 What's New series on SWH launching
- Microsoft to launch Windows 8.1 on Oct 17th as a free upgrade.
- Google chops Nexus 4 price $100, hints at Nexus 5 and KitKat
- Google releases 'Coder' a web-based coding environment for Raspberri Pi.
- Apple unveils details on iPhone 5S and 5C
- MyCADBox updates measurement tools.
Labor Day in the US has come and gone which marks the end of Summer for many. Back to school and the Holiday season tends to be a big catalyst in the tech industry, bringing a rush of great stuff to the market, SolidWorks and technology alike.
On September 9th the embargo of SolidWorks 2014 beta lifted the shroud of silence on all the specific details of what is to come in the next major release of the SolidWorks' product lines. The SolidWorks Blog hemorrhaged posts called "SolidWorks 2014 Sneak Peak", outlining details of specific additions and enhancements to come.
Now that the beta program has come to an end, 2014 rollout season will be starting up in October along with the shipment of a slew of new devices/services from many of the big names like Apple, Google and Microsoft. ~Lou