WN2014 - Fundamentals & Installation:
This series of podcasts dissects the What's New PDF, outlining all the new functionality in SolidWorks 2014 with tips, tricks and insights into the new major release of SolidWorks' product line. Topics covered in this show:
Chapter 3: SolidWorks Fundamentals:
- Accessing Recent Features Through History
- Application Programming Interface
- Dismissing All Prompts for Missing Components (Yeah!)
- Updating Assembly Graphics
- Opening Document Copies
- Pack and Go Toolbox Option
- Recent Documents
- Version Support for DXF and DWG Files
- Saving SolidWorks Files as Portable Network Graphics Files
Chapter 4: Installation:
- Installing SolidWorks Electrical
- Support for Environment Variables in the Options Editor
SolidWorks Fundamentals and Installation, covering chapter 3 and 4 of the What's New PDF, outline changes/enhancements to the SolidWorks product line since the previous release. If you have not done so, please download this PDF and walk through the areas that are most important to you.
The goal of this series is to provide a portable, audio version of the 2014 What's New, providing an efficient way to evaluate new features that have been changed/added/removed in the SolidWorks product line. We all fall victim to the "ruts" of using SolidWorks from release to release and knowing what's to come brings awareness early.
I will be releasing an additional show a week as well as the usual monthly Tech News shows (up to 3 a week) in order to cover the entire What's New PDF before FCS (First Customer Ship). Between the podcast, blog and other posts around the web, there will be no shortage of SolidWorks 2013 content to come!