February Tech News:
This podcast covers the SolidWorks and CAD-releated tech news that broke since mid-January covering the SolidWorks Blog, various tech alerts and other industry news. Topics covered:
- FQF - Senai Andai - University of Texas ME student, BattleBots IQ team
- More of SolidWorks n!Fuze
- FQF - Yves Thizy of Logopress
- Howe & Howe "The Wright Brothers of the Military"
- New SolidWorks Tutorials Site launches
- FQF - Edson Gebo (He has a great title!)
- SWUGN hits 200 groups! (200th in Kettle Morain in Fond du Lac WI!)
- SolidWorks 2011 SP2 ships (1/17)
- SolidWorks Enterprise PDM 2011 SP2 ships (1/24)
- 3dvia Composer V6R2011x ships (What's new) (2/14)
- SolidWorks n!Fuze private beta ends on 2/28 (remove what data you need)
Well the aftermath of SolidWorks World 2011 has yielded slim pickins for tech news but the we are all coming off our information overload from a month ago. The steady stream of updates in the SolidWorks product line has kept me busy updating (good thing we don't install with floppies anymore!).
I have been fortunate to be testing out SolidWorks n!Fuze while in the private beta and with the announcement of the close, I am hoping that public beta is around the corner. I have been searching for others to test with but we are few and far between now so "collaboration" is hard to do alone!
If you are interested in getting into beta, make sure to signup by emailing nfuzebeta(at)solidwork.com and request an invite. Look me up once you get into the SwYm community and I would be happy to test things out with you. n!Fuze is a much needed tool in the SolidWorks lineup and I look forward to more tools like this to show up for mobile as well! ~Lou