WN2013 - Display, Routing & Sustainability:
This podcast dissects the What's New PDF, outlining all the new functionality in SolidWorks 2013 with tips, tricks and insights in the new major release. Topics covered in this show:
Chapter 15: Model Display:
- PhotoView 360
Chapter 19: Routing:
- Auto Route Tool Supports Routing Along Existing Geometry
- Creating Drawings for Flexible Tubing Routes
- Enhanced Pipe Penetration
- Enhanced Support for Exporting Pipe and Tube Data
- Improvements for Flattened Routes
- Improvements for Ribbon Cable Routes
- Adding Slopes for Pipe Routes
- Support for Tubing in P&ID Files
- Validation Check for Routing Component Wizard
Chapter 23: Sustainability:
- Environmental Impact of Painted Parts
- Exporting Settings for a SolidWorks Sustainability Study
- Financial Impact of Material Choices
- Improved Calculation Consistency
- TRACI Impact Assessment Methodology
- Selecting Unity in the Find Similar Dialog Box
Model Display, Routing and Sustainability covering chapters 15, 19 and 23 of the What's New PDF, outline changes/enhancements to the SolidWorks product line since the previous release. If you have not done so, please download this PDF and walk through the areas that are most important to you.
The goal of this series is to provide a portable, audio version of the 2013 What's New, providing a quick way to evaluate new features that have been changed/added/removed in the SolidWorks product line. We all fall victim to the "ruts" of using SolidWorks from release to release and knowing what's to come brings awareness early.
I will be releasing an additional show a week as well as the usual monthly Tech News shows (up to 3 a week) in order to cover the entire What's New PDF before FCS (First Customer Ship). Between the podcast, blog and other posts around the web, there will be no shortage of SolidWorks 2013 content to come!