April Tech News:
This podcast covers the SolidWorks and CAD-related tech news that broke since mid-March covering the SolidWorks Blog, various tech alerts and other industry tech news. Topics covered:
- Multiple posts on Simulation products
- Announcing the launch of SolidWorks Plastics
- More posts from the new Demo Library
- SolidWorks 2012 SP3 ships
- Activation server issue after SP3 launch (resolved)
- SolidWorks 2012 SP3 Release notes overview
- EPDM/Toolbox issue with Copy Part on
Industry Tech News:
- iPad/tablet market update
- Chromebook changes (web as a platform)
Tax Day!... Ugg. Here is the US the dreaded April 15th rolls around and for those of us who had to pay...a moment of silence. Anyway, tech news can be a little thin during this time of year right before the hot beta season kicks off but still a ton going on.
SolidWorks has made some great strides to get more technical content into the SolidWorks blog by inviting some guest bloggers from their reseller (VAR) channel. This has already brought some great posts into the fold and I hope to see more of it continue over the coming months.
With the release of SolidWorks Plastics, 2012 SP3 and more technical content, tech news is easier to come by these days. I should get some time on SWPL over the coming weeks and recap the thoughts so far. We did get it installed yesterday and the interface is really nice and workflow is simple with a lot of configuration options so stayed tuned! ~Lou