August Tech News:
This podcast covers the SolidWorks and CAD-related tech news that broke since mid-July covering the SolidWorks Blog, various tech alerts and other industry tech news. Topics covered:
- Using SolidWorks Weldments for a quick shop upgrade
- Large Assemblies Made Easy with SolidWorks
- Standard View without Zoom-to-fit
- The Digger is Your Friend!
- SolidWorks Modeling Methodology - Part 2
- Design Machines? Does Event Based Motion ring a bell?
- If a picture tells a thousand words, an animation tells a million!
- Tractor Trailer Aerodynamics in SolidWorks Flow Simulation
- SolidWorks Toolbox Browser: Adding Property Values with the Help of Excel
- With Dinamo Group and TEKNIKER, Your Museum Guide Could Be a Robot Designed in SolidWorks
- Flower Power from Parrot offers better living through technology - for your house plants
- GRIT Helps the Disabled in Developing Countries Gain Mobility With SolidWorks
- SolidWorks 2013 SP4 is available for download
- SolidWorks EPDM 2013 SP4 is available for download
- SolidWorks & EPDM 2014 Beta 2 is available for download
- SolidWorks launches a Tech Blog
SoldWorks Support Monthly FAQ:
- Beta 2014 Updates
- Service Pack News
- Noteworthy Solutions from the SW KB
- Google Launches Android 4.3, Chromecast and the 2nd Gen Nexus 7 (reviews)
- Leap Motion Controllers are shipping!
- Motorola / Google launch the Moto X Android Phone
- Integrating ARAS Innovator and a Raspberry Pi
- Amazon Brings HTML5 Mobile Web Apps to Its Android Store
- Teamplatform is acquired by 3D Systems
August was another exciting month for tech news around technology. Google has been busy this month with new products, updates and the first phone launch since acquiring Motorola Mobility over a year ago. The activities of this month will probably have an effect on Apple and other manufacturers as we head into the last half of this year just in time for the holiday season.
SolidWorks is pretty much in the middle of their technology quiet zone as 2014 beta heads into it's second stage. I have still to install it but am going to do so in Windows 8.1 to do some additional testing. I am less inclined to do testing on my development machine but have a clean system now and hope to get some testing in soon. I have been digging into the What's New PDF and am excited to start this years What's New Series.
News has still been quite on any Android version of eDrawings that was announced at SWW13 this year or any updates on SolidWorks Mechanical Conceptual. I hope to hear some news on these fronts soon as I am anxious to test both of these tools. ~Lou