December Tech News:
This podcast covers the SolidWorks and CAD-releated tech news that broke since mid-November covering the SolidWorks Blog, various tech alerts and other industry news. Topics covered:
- SWW11 Internet Correspondent - Good friend of the show, Michael Lord!
- Let's Go Design launches new challenge: Multi-sport practice cage
- SolidWorks 2010 SP5 is available for download
- SolidWorks 2011 SP1 is available for download
- SolidWorks Enterprise PDM 2011 SP1 is available for download
SolidWorks Community Blogs:
- Enterprise PDM notification via Gmail - SWH:Blog
- eDrawings Browser Conundrum - SWH:Blog
- Enterprise PDM Upgrade, Lost 'sa' password - SWH:Blog
- Windows7 x64 file performance boost - DDi Tech Center
SolidWorks World News:
- SolidWorks Top 10 Ideas (login required)
- Apollo 13 Heroes Headline SWW11
- Win a Blackjack lesson with Jon Hirschtick
- Live coverage options from SolidWorks Heard
2010 is winding down and the tech news for December is finally here! This month is usually busy as well since SolidWorks World 2011 is right around the corner and SolidWorks, customers and vendors are all gearing up for the event.
This year the SolidWorks blog has been doing Partner Profiles, which is a great way to introduce them to the community prior to the big event. One of the gems of SWW in general is the Partner Pavillion. As a user I get so wrapped up in the General Sessions and breakouts and never spend as much time as I want in the Partner Pavilion.
This year I am interested in hearing from those of you that are unable to get a ticket to San Antonio, Texas and what areas/events you would like me to cover while I am there. I am planning on live blogging the general sessions and some of the breakouts but would love to hear from you on what breakouts you would like coverage of. Check out the agenda and let me know what sparks your interest. If you can't go, we will bring it to you! ~Lou