April Tech News:
This podcast covers the SolidWorks tech news that broke since mid-March 2010. It was another busy month of CAD related tech news filled with services packs, new technology and debate on subscription support. Topics covered:
- Six more "SolidWorks Time Saving Tips" on the YouTube Channel
- SolidWorks Engineering Stimulus Package ends!
- SW Interview with Josh Mings, SolidSmack
- SolidWorks 2010 service pack 3.0 Early Visibility available for download (85 SPRs)
- SW2010 SP3 Release Notes
- Clip of Jeremy Luchini's project called "Let's Go Design"
- SolidSmack's post on SW2010 SP3/4 & subscription entitlement
- SolidWorks:HEARD! post on pushing EPDM metadata into forms
- SolidWorks:HEARD! post of touch and product design
- Solution id: S-012513 How long with SolidWorks support XP? (quick answer...thru 2011)
This was another busy month of news and along with 6 new editions to the SolidWorks Time Saving Tip series of videos, the month has been filled with new technology (iPad launch), an 85 SPR patch (SP3 EV) and the launch of the "Let's Go Design" web series.
The SolidWorks Blog has been busy with interviews, tips and other posts but the SolidWorks LABS site has been a bit slow. I was hoping to have more to report on at this point but really have not seen much news out of the R&D "think-tank" site lately. It was exciting, however, to see that Anna Wood and Josh Mings were interviewed so everyone out there in SolidWorks land can know these two community icons a little bit more personally.
I know in the next few months we are going to be heading into the busiest news time of the year with beta for SolidWorks 2011 just around the corner. Wondering what is coming? Don't forget the notes many of the bloggers put together on the features revealed. Hint: Ricky Jordan did a good job or you can scroll through the live blog I did on Day 3 at SolidWorks World 2010. ~Lou