June Tech News:
This podcast covers the news that broke since the middle of May related to SolidWorks, tech alerts as well as other CAD/tech news. Topics covered:
- SolidWorks Brings Sustainability Advocate Asheen Phansey On Board
- Interviews and a few "5 Questions Friday" entries
- Changes to SolidWorks' Certification Software (Enhancements)
- A few surveys...
- Changes to the SolidWorks Portal login system
- SolidWorks 2010 SP4.0 Early Visibility ships (Release notes)
Other SW News and Tech Announcements:
- Changes to the Customer Portal links
- SolidWorks 2010 & VPN issues
This was again another pretty busy month for tech news. The SolidWorks Blog was active as usual thank to Matt West, surveys were flying off the handle, and tech alerts were flying off the print press. May into June was a big month for general tech news with Google I/O, The D Conference, Apple iPhone 4 and Microsoft launching Office Online.
I also touch on a topic that has burned a few users in SolidWorks 2010 and connectivity to the SolidNetwork License (SNL) via VPN. This topic is growing on the phones and in the forums and users want to get a fix ASAP! Hope to get to the bottom of it after some deep testing and conversations with SolidWorks. ~Lou