February Tech News:
This podcast covers the SolidWorks and CAD-related tech news that broke since mid-January covering the SolidWorks Blog, various tech alerts and other industry tech news. Topics covered:
SolidWorks Tech Blog:
- SW World Recap posts
- SW Customer Certifications Hit 100K!
- A Conversation with Hugh Herr
- SolidWorks Tech Tip: A Change in Perspective
- Flipping Normal: A Fresh Perspective to SolidWorks Sketches and Mates
- EPDM - Simplifying Workflows using Workflow Links
- Lock Rotation Option with Concentric Mate Option
- SolidWorks 2014 SP2 is available for download
- SolidWorks Enterprise PDM 2014 SP2 is available for download
Support Monthly News:
- Spotlight on Features - Link to Thickness
- EPDM Contains Tab and Supression
- Service Pack News
- Noteworthy Solutions from the SW KB.
- Google's Smart Contact Lens Project
- Cloud CAD & PDM Will Become Easier For Android and GDrive?
- The Mac turns 30
- Google Sells off Motorola to Lenovo
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 now looking like April 1
- Google launches Chromebox Meetings
Now that SolidWorks World 2014 has come to an end and now a few weeks behind us, much of the dust has settled and we are back to work. Since beta for SolidWorks 2015 and access to any of the new "Experience" tools are still months away, it is time for us to talk about the last few weeks in tech news.
The tech blog has its regular flow of content and this months support monthly news is chalked full of good stuff to talk about. With SolidWorks 2014 SP2 now available for download, it is hard to think about the promise of more tools out of DS this coming summer. I hope that access to many of the new products opens up soon as many of us, even in the VAR channel, still have no access to these new products as of yet.
2014 has been a very busy year for Google after buying Nest and then selling off Motorola after only having the company for a little under 2 years. What is interesting is all the innovation that is being done on the web by Google with Chrome. The web is the platform and I am a HUGE fan of that. ~Lou