SWW14: New Products:
SolidWorks World 2014 came with quite the list of new products that are going to hit the scene soon and some closer to the launch of SolidWorks 2015 in the fall. Topics covered:
New Product Announcements:
- SolidWorks Plastics Advanced - Design and analyze mold cooling line layouts and part warpage. Announcement
- SolidWorks Inspection - Creation of Inspection reports, first articles (FAI) and ballooned drawings. Announcement
- SolidWorks Mechanical Conceptual - Next generation concept tool on the 3DExperience Platform. Announcement
- SolidWorks Industrial Conceptual - Next generation industrial design tool on the 3DExperience Platform.
- Collaborative Sharing - Social portal in SolidWorks on the 3DExperience Platform.
- eDrawings Pro for Android - In-app upgrade for eDrawings to have markup, measure and Augmented Reality (AR).
- eDrawings Meetings - Live collaboration in eDrawings
Looking back through the years I cannot remember a year at SolidWorks World that there were more new products announcements In fact, I think it is safe to say this was the most Dassault-inspired tools that have ever been shown on a SolidWorks World stage.
A few of the products were the evolution of existing products like SolidWorks plastics and eDrawings, however with some of the new products coming on Dassault's 3DExperience Platform, it was a product model that is brad new to the SolidWorks community. Subscription-based software, hosted model database and connected teams.
Some of these products will make their way into the existing SolidWorks release and others will ship later in the year along with SolidWorks 2015. It will be interesting to see how SolidWorks users will react to these new solutions and how/if they can implement them into their design workflows. ~Lou