January Tech News:
This podcast covers the SolidWorks and CAD-releated tech news that broke since mid-December covering the SolidWorks Blog, various tech alerts and other industry news. Topics covered:
SWW11 - Partner Profiles:
- Open Mind Technologies - HyperMill for SW
- Solido - desktop 3d printer sheet layer/glue/score
- 3D QuickTools - Quick Press - die design
- Camtek GmbH - OptiCAM for wire EDM
- AMV - SteelWorks (a steel design, drawings and BOM tool)
- ATR Soft - CustomTools custom property management and ERP/MRP link (awesome picture)
- Geometric Technologies - DFMPro and CAMWorks
- Delcam - CAD CAM products for manufacturing and inspectio
- Z Corporation - Rapid prototype and scanning technology
- Barry-Wehmiller International Resources - an engineering consulting arm in St. Louis
SolidWorks World 2011:
- Live General Session coverage - Sign up
- Not attending? Send your breakout coverage requests to me!
Welcome to 2011! Lots of prep news heading up to SolidWorks World 2011 in San Antonio, Texas! The biggest news of the month is the announcement of Jeff Ray leaving the CEO position and heading to a newly created position for Geographic Operations at Dassault Systemes. The move will relocate Ray and his family to France, where he will work with country managers worldwide to "streamline customer experience". Bertrand Sicot, previously SolidWorks' VP of Sales, is going to be assuming the position of SolidWorks' CEO.
I am anxious to head out next weekend to SWW11 mainly to see the faces of those I only see at this conference as well as to get more information about the future builds of SoildWorks and their other "High-altitude moisture-based" offerings that debuted last year at SWW10. Remember to submit your request for coverage if you are not attending and sign up for the reminder for the live blogging of the General Sessions.