SWW11 Product Announcements:
This podcast is a summary of the new products that were announced by SolidWorks at SolidWorks World 2011. There were more product announcements in 2011 than any other SWW I can remember. Topics covered:
- SolidWorks CEO says "ALWAYS a Desktop Version!"
- SolidWorks n!Fuze announced early on SolidWorks Blog
- Post3D - Life-like Immersive 3D Collaboration
- SolidWorks Live Buildings - AEC Building Design tool powered by Enovia Online Platform
- SolidWorks n!Fuze iPad app announced (available later this year)
- DraftSight iPad app announced (available later this year)
- What's New (revealed) in SolidWorks 2012
SolidWorks World 2011 was one of the best venues, best speakers, most vast breakouts and by far the most product announcement packed SWW I can remember. This was my 10th SWW and I can say it was one of the best of all time. Despite the great training, most people probalby remember SWW from the speakers, collegues and new product annoucements.
SolidWorks World Day 1 typically has a few little tid bits but Day 3 General Session is the day that everyone waits for so they can get a sneak peak of the next version of SolidWorks. This year SolidWorks announced 3 new products, all of which were not desktop apps but web-powered apps running on Enovia V6 platform.
Unlike "SolidWorks V6" and "SolidWorks PDS" from last year's SWW, SolidWorks n!Fuze, Post3D and Live Buildings are already products that are in beta (n!Fuze & Live Buildings) or released already (Post3D). I am anxious to do more testing and will follow up with a review of this new era of online CAD products. ~Lou